Friday, April 8, 2011

Slow

My writing is going very slowly. I believe that I will not make it. I have been trying to write but I have hit a brick wall. I know where I want to go with the story and have a detailed outline but I sit down to write and end up sitting and staring at the page for an hour. The last couple of days I don't think I have made any progress save one sentence. This does not fare well for my goal of reaching 60,000 words by the end of 30 days. For those of you keeping track this is day 15 and I highly doubt that I have 30,000 words. I will still try to write this book exclusively but there is no garuntee of completion any time soon. Now all I need is a literary sledge hammer for the stupid brick wall. Until I find it I will have a very bruised forehead. Till next time...

1 comment:

  1. TM, was your timeline a real one (imposed by someone/something other than you), or was it a simple ruse to tease yourself into finishing what you've started? If so, then you have lost nothing but time. What I found was that when I got seriously stuck in some thing I was working on, I would work on the chapter ahead, then I found that what I'd written often altered what I would have written anyway, and then I could go back and finish what I'd started.
    What I'm telling you, is don't be discouraged. If you've got a good idea for a book, then you should carry it out, and not get bogged down in your thinking, or your own timetable.

    ReplyDelete